Terms & Conditions
By placing a booking with the Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, a member of Thavorn Hotels & Resorts (THR), you and your reservation party (collectively defined as guests) agree to the following terms and conditions:
and the following terms and conditions as set-out.
1. RATE POLICIES
- All rates are quoted in Thai Baht, plus taxes. Therefore, the amount shown on credit card statements in other currencies may be slightly different from our quoted price due to exchange rate variations.
- Advertised rates on the hotel website or any other channels are subject to change instantaneously by the hotel without notice, and may increase or decrease at the hotel’s discretion.
2. NON-REFUNDABLE BOOKINGS
- Non-refundable booking cannot be refunded for whatever reason including force majeure. Guests who book non-refundable promotions accept all risks
- Advanced deposit payment will be charged at time of reservation.
3. FREE CANCELLATION
- In the event of refund, you will be refunded the total booking amount deducted by 3% transaction fee. The hotel does not receive this fee in any way. This fee was charged by 3rd party online payment gateways (e.g. credit card fees) when booking was originally made. Refunds may take up to 21 working days.
4. BOOKING CONDITIONS
- Guests or credit card holder must be 18 years and older.
- All reservations made by a credit card must be guaranteed with a valid major credit card – Visa, Master, Amex.
- We require a refundable security deposit of THB 3,000 per room upon arrival. The deposit may be placed in cash or on credit card at check-in and is fully refundable at check-out if there is no damage to the property. (see section 6)
- The same credit card used to secure the booking must be presented at the time of check-in. The name on the credit card used to secure the booking must also match the name of the person checking in. If you are booking for someone else, please contact the hotel reservation directly before making the booking.
- In the event that we need to cancel your booking, please be aware that we cannot be held liable for circumstances beyond our control and that our liability to you is limited only to the hotel booking value that is already made.
- Non-Arrival or No-Show guests, who are unable to attend or fail to attend for whatever reason forfeit their deposit paid and the full amount of the booking will be due.
- We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a guest has engaged in fraudulent, inappropriate activity, or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error.
5. GENERAL HOTEL POLICIES
- Check In: 15:00 hours. Early check-in is offered based on availability. If guests require a guaranteed check-in for arrival prior to 1500 hours, then pre-registration and payment may be required. Contact our Reservation in advance to check availability and rates.
- Check Out: Room rental period expires at 12:00 hours. Additional day charge, plus tax may apply for late checkout (see policies below).
- Guests must be at least 18 years of age to check in unless arriving with the parents.
- To prevent fraud, guests are required to confirm their identity by providing their passport or any official government identification document at check-in. A valid, signed, and pre-approved credit card in the name of the guest registration is also required. It is the guests’ responsibility to fully understand the manner in which their issuing bank processes pre-authorizations and charges on the credit/debit card being used. Some banks hold pending authorizations for up to 30 business days.
- Room Occupancy: The maximum number of staying guests per room is illustrated in the room occupancy details on the official website. Where the person making the booking is different to the guests taking up the occupation, the person and the guests making the booking will be held responsible for cancellation, non-arrival and damages as set-out within.
- Only guests are allowed to use the property and its facilities, any third-party visitors are only allowed access at our express permission.
- All guests agree to always respect the privacy and peace of all other guests, neighbors & hotel staff. The resort reserves the right to refuse service with immediate effect if guests are not honoring this agreement or are causing a disturbance.
Pet Policy: Pets are strictly not allowed.
100% Smoke-Free Hotel: To assure that our facility is safe to our guests and staff, we do not permit smoking in the hotel premise to avoid odor which is unhealthy and objectionable.
Advisory for Elderly, Children, and Disabilities.
- All of our room bathrooms are not wheelchair accessible.
Disparity between Pictures & Rooms and Room Views:
Guest understands that no room is identical despite being of the same type. Room photos on hotel website and other online/offline channels are merely approximate representations of each room category used only for illustration and advertising purposes. The hotel cannot guarantee rooms/views to be identical to the examples shown on the hotel website or other online/offline channels.
Giant Water Slides strict rules, terms and conditions:
- The use of water slides and all facilities is at your own risk. The resort will not be responsible for any injuries as precautionary warnings and proper play-position recommendations are posted at the entrance of the facility.
- Usage of water slide is strictly only limited to the opening and closing hours of the Water Slides. Unauthorized usage of the slides beyond the hours are not permitted.
- You know the limits of your own abilities and health conditions. Play with water slides at your own risk and within your limitations. The resort does not have information on you and your party's health, limitations, and conditions, and therefore cannot be liable for any injuries, e.g. heart attacks.
- Alcohol consumption followed by using our water slides is not permitted. We recommend a three-hour gap between your last alcohol consumption and your usage of the water slides.
- One person at a time for all slides
- Wait until the landing area is clear before entering the slide.
- Parental supervision is required for children under 12 years old.
- Slide feet first, on sitting position ONLY
- No standing or kneeling or laying on any slide.
- Leave the plunge area immediately after you hit the water.
- Do not lay down flat on the slide while using the middle central slide.
- Do not attempt to stop your descent on the slide.
- Do not attempt to climb over our fence or jump over our balconies.
- Do not attempt to tamper with our CCTV equipment.
- Do not run. Only walk slowly up the stairs. Please be aware that the stairs going up the water slide facility will be constantly wet and slippery due to the usage of water to operate our slides.
Room Decorative Themes:
Most room types of the hotel have 2 different decorative themes; Contemporary Thai Colonial and Tropical Colonial. These two themes differ only in aesthetics and have exactly the same room function and layout. Each theme are allocated on a first come-first serve basis. Guests with specific preference are to state them in special request ahead of time, since each theme is subjected to availability.
Example of Deluxe Terrace Theme A
Example of Deluxe Terrace Theme B
Theme A: Contemporary Thai Colonial Style
Contemporary Thai Colonial Style has a good mix of both colonial inspiration and more contemporary design. Floral decorations adds a homey and refreshing touch suitable for sunny tropical vacation. Each room features slightly different shades such as lime yellow, light pink , and lime green giving each room unique characteristics of its own.
Theme B: Tropical Colonial Style
Tropical Colonial Style is a combination of classy colonial style and tropical green elements. It is simple yet elegant reminiscent of classy tropical British colonial homes found in tropical destinations around the globe.
6. LATE CHECK-OUT & EARLY CHECK-IN POLICIES
Early Check-ins are subject to room availability and at the discretion of the check-in hotel staffs.
Late Check-out are subject to room availability until 18:00 hours and 50% of the nightly charge will apply. If guests seek late-check out after 18:00 hours, a full charge for 1 night will apply.
Breakout Rooms (alternative early check-in or late check-out option):
- In the event that guests are interested in a late check out at a lower rate, the hotel can also provide designated Breakout Rooms. A Breakout Room is not listed on the hotel website and contains a twin bed and air-conditioning. Contact Front Desk for availability and reservations.
- Guests are expected to check for updated Breakout Room rates, as the following may be outdated.
- Usage from 12:00–15:00 hours at THB 2,000 per room
- Usage from 12:00-18:00 hours at THB 2,000 per room
- Usage from 12:00-00:00 hours at THB 4,000 per room
7. EXTRA ADULTS, CHILDREN, AND EXTRA BEDS POLICIES
Detailed room capacity details can be found on our hotel website: www.thavornpalmbeach.com/room-capacity
By making this booking, guests agree to review and accept the room capacity policy of the resort. The number of occupants for this reservation determines the additional extra persons cost detailed below. Additional charges may apply during check-in if the costs have not been accounted for in this reservation confirmation
Unless explicitly said otherwise by an official staff of THR, the extra persons and beds policy will be the following:
- Infant below the age of 3.99:
- Free of charge with free hotel buffet breakfast. Kid’s menu is also available, charge apply per hotel restaurant menu.
- Complimentary baby cot is available upon request subject to availability on first come-first serve basis. Please request a baby cot ahead of time.
- Child between the age of 04-12.99 years old:
- Child with Extra Bed, charge THB 500. This rate includes breakfast and extra bed and beddings.
- Child Sharing Bed, charge THB 375. This rate includes breakfast and sharing of any existing beds and beddings.
- Kid’s menu is also available, charge apply per hotel restaurant menu.
- Adult aged 13 years and above:
- An extra charge of THB 1,000 per adult per night with free hotel buffet breakfast is compulsory if the # of Adults to stay exceeds the rooms capacity. This rate includes breakfast and extra bed and beddings.
8. LOST, THEFT, AND DAMAGES PROPERTY POLICY
We reserve the right to charge the guests for any damages caused through the course of a booking by any member of the booking party. This includes breakages, spillages, stains, and damages to furniture, fixtures, and/or fittings. Any accidental damages should be reported as soon as possible in order to minimize damage and associated costs. Lost keys / fobs / access cards will incur a replacement charge per key / fob / card lost.
In the unlikely event that an incident occurs during the guests stay, resulting in the theft, loss or damage of guest’s property, THR will carry out an internal investigation. If THR does not feel that guest’s properties were stolen, lost or damaged through any fault of THR, our staff or agents, this will be evidence that it wasn’t THR’s fault. If an incident is referred to the Police and they draw the same conclusion as THR, this will also be evidence that THR’s liability is limited to those maximums. THR shall not be liable, in any circumstances, for any loss or damage to vehicles guests bring to the hotel or any property left in them. Neither shall THR be liable for any loss and damages, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with guests booking. THR will not be liable for any loss and damage of guest’s property.
Guests must use their own insurance policies to claim the full amount of any loss, theft, or damage to their personal belongings/property prior to booking.
Any lost property, if discovered and found, left behind by guests during a stay will be held for a period of 1 month. While we will make our best efforts to reunite lost property with their owners we accept no responsibility in replacing lost items and encourage guests to ensure they have all their belonging before checking-out. We may offer to post lost items via recorded delivery at the cost of booking party, otherwise collection can be arranged.
9. WI-FI FAIR & APPROPRIATE USAGE POLICY
Where WiFi Internet access is provided, guests accept to use this access to the Internet fairly and appropriately. We may monitor network performance and user usage in order to maintain a fair and high level of service to all our guests.
The Internet access provided is intended for general use such as access to the world wide web, email, messaging, social media, light video / music / media streaming. It is not intended or ideally suited for heavy media streaming, online gaming, extensive downloads / uploads. Access to illegal activity or use of our network for illegal activity is not prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect, impair or invalidate any of the remaining terms and conditions.
By making your booking, all guests agree to receive electronic communications associated with the operation and services offered by the hotel (information messages, bills, statements, etc.). If the guest no longer wishes to receive this information, he/she must send a request to the hotel.
12. ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONDITIONS & GOVERNING LAW
By making your booking, all Guests agree to let THR collect, use, and share relevant portions of your personal information in order to administer the hotel’s services. This may include, but is not limited to, sharing Guest’s personal information with essential THR partners.
THR may change the Terms and Conditions at any time at our absolute discretion by posting the revised Terms and Conditions on the official website or on its digital assets. It is the guests responsibility to review the terms of this Terms and Conditions regularly. THR is not required to notify guests of changes. Guest’s booking confirmation will constitute unconditional acceptance and acknowledgement of this Terms and Conditions.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Thailand without regard to its choice of law rules. Any disputes will be settled by the courts of Thailand.
If you act as a consumer and have entered into a contract while residing in another country, the application of mandatory law of such country shall not be affected by the previous sentences.
If you are a trader or an entity of public law, the competent courts in Thailand shall have jurisdiction for all disputes. THR shall, however, also be entitled to sue you at your general venue.